Last updated 26/04/2018
How do we protect your data?
Your privacy is very important to us, which is why we make sure you are always in control of what we do with your personal information. EuChemS wants to share information and news about our activities with you. We can do this in various ways including email, post, SMS, phone or social media, but only if you would like us to.
- We never pass your personal details to anyone outside EuChemS for their own marketing purposes unless you have previously provided us with your informed and specific consent.
- We ensure that we obtain your express consent before we contact you by any method for any purpose.
- You can change your contact preferences at any time. All you need to do is update your preferences by contacting us at secretariat[at]euchems.eu
- Your personal information is stored safely and will remain secure at all times.
- No statistical information which identifies you personally will be published.
- No personal information will be kept any longer than necessary in order to fulfil the purpose it was collected for, and if you ask us to, it will be deleted.
- We always delete your personal information if requested by you to do so
- We always comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and all other applicable laws and EU Directives.
Please let us know if your details change so that we can keep in touch.
What kind of information do we collect about users?
We collect information to provide you with a better experience of using our website and newsletters. In order to provide you with access to certain services or data within our websites and online forms, we may require that you provide certain personal information. This information may include your name, postal address, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address.
We collect information in the following ways:
- Logging the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer to be able to receive and send information on the Internet.
- Collecting personal data and other information from you as part of online forms and surveys
- Collecting personal data while sending out our newsletters: The Brussels News Updates, and Chemistry in Europe. We are tracking clicks, opens, and bouncing of your e-mails.
How do we use your information?
EuChemS will process your data (for example your name, address, email address, country of residence) in accordance with your rights under the Data Protection Act 1998. We may process your information in any number of ways and on any databases, we use for the following purposes:
- To create an electronic record of your data to enable your request for information to be processed
- To administer and manage the information we make available to you
- To compile delegate lists for distribution to attendees at our events, or for advertising events promoting EuChemS
- To assist us with statistical analysis and compliance with our legal obligations, policies and procedures.
How and with whom do we share your information?
We take our obligations and responsibilities regarding protecting your privacy very seriously, and therefore, we exercise great care to protect the information we collect about you.
We will share your information outside EuChemS only in the following circumstances:
- You have provided your express prior consent, and the contractor or organisation is working directly with us as a partner as a part of maintaining our activities, products, or services. Service providers and suppliers are required to keep confidential and secure the personal information received from us and may not use it for any other purpose other than as originally intended.
- To our agents or sub-contractors for operational reasons
- To any third parties who provide a service or benefits to you or for us in connection with your membership.
- If compelled by law to do so.
Communication preferences & changes to personal details
Once you have provided your express consent for us to contact you on our behalf, or on behalf of other organisations, there are a number of methods available to you in order to change your preferences, to correct or update your personal information at any time by:
clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in the newsletter email that you receive from us
contacting us at secretariat[at]euchems.eu where a correction is required
We use secure technology in all our email communications and unless you have provided us with your clear and express consent, we do not disclose your email address to any other recipient.
Subject access rights
If you write to us with a request, you will have a right to be provided with a copy of all personal information we hold about you.
You can request that your personal data is transferred directly to another ‘data controller’ at any time.
Right to request a correction
You can request that we correct or update your personal data at any time to ensure that your information is accurate and up-to-date.
Right to be forgotten
We may be required to archive your personal information however, we will not retain personal data for longer than is necessary for the purpose we obtained it. You have the right to request that we delete your personal information in certain circumstances, ie where the purpose for collecting your personal information no longer exists and we are not obligated to retain all or any part of your personal information for legal reasons.
We will not contact you about our related products or services or send you any other communications if you have indicated that you do not want to receive these. In this case, your name will be included in appropriate suppression lists.
Withdrawing your consent
You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at secretariat[at]euchems.eu
Our right to change this privacy statement
This Privacy Statement may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our online information practices. We will indicate at the top of the statement when it was most recently updated. We recommend that you visit our Privacy Statement page whenever you visit our websites so that you are aware of any changes.